Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Self Reflection

When I first came into the freshman seminar class, I did not know what to expect. I hadn't heard anything about the class but I knew it was something I was obligated to take. Now that we have reached the end of the semester, I have been able to see the rewards of being in a freshman seminar class. Not only did I learn a lot about Howard University but I also learn a lot about myself and who I am as a student. I am an observer of the world around me which is a trait that has been naturally bestowed within me. Furthermore, the knowledge of my ancestry offers me the competence that many others don't have the opportunity to ever obtain within their lifetime. I have been placed on this earth to contribute to the legacy of my past and I will seek to achieve nothing less than excellence. Throughout the freshman seminar course I have been able to learn about the legacies that have been established before me. Such knowledge empowers me to develop into an individual who lives out each day seeking improvement. Additionally, I have become more prideful in Howard University. Some of the lectures in freshman seminar taught me about some of the people who have attended Howard University and the amazing things they were able to do while they attended and after they graduated. I was also able to learn more about the history of the buildings at Howard University which is very useful as I walk around campus. Ultimately, I am appreciative of the freshman seminar class. I have learned a lot about myself and because of this I will be a more successful student in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment