My self-evaluation for this course is a little bit complicated. When I saw freshman seminar on my class schedule I kind of assumed that it was going to be an informational class on college. I thought that almost the entire grade would be based on attendance and no work would really be needed. This class however does require a good amount of time and effort. The knowledge about Howard, Black history and the our origins will be invaluable, in later life but right now I really think the kind of class that I wanted was one where I could home my study skills and achieve now so that I could use the other knowledge better on another level. I listened to the entire lecture and gained valuable information from each but what I really want is the opportunity to use that knowledge and to do that I need study skills. For this reason I in a way discarded the first half of the class, keeping the information, but not caring about the class itself. During the group project I gained some real life experience on how to research and present a certain topic so during that part of the course I was much more enthusiastic. I feel that if the organizers of this class were somehow able to infuse the cultural information that was given to s via the lectures with study skills and researching tips that would help us right now, that the class would be much more effective
No comments:
Post a Comment