Friday, December 3, 2010
Peer-Review #2
I really enjoyed the presentation on single parent households. I really learned a lot. I truly never understood the effect of single parent households. I was blessed to have both of my parents there to raise me. It is sad that we can look at single mothers and not even think about trying to help them. They struggle just like anybody else. We give our money to national causes, but are ignorant to the people that are struggling right beneath our noses. I applaud the strength of some of the kids who go through the struggle of a single parent home. The group’s research found that that were likely to do poorly in school, join gangs, do drugs, and go to jail. But there are still kids who make it. It isn’t all negative. I don’t know what I would do without both my mother and father being there, so I commend their mindset to strive despite how the odds are stacked against them. Still, as Americans, I feel as if it is our duty to stand up and help our neighbors. If a young boy or girl doesn’t have a mother/father figure, then someone needs to stand up and take on that role. All these young kids are looking for is a role model and someone to love them. They should not have to run to gangs to receive this. These young kids should not be asking for attention in the most negative way. We should already be giving it to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment