Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Peer Evaluation #1

Today a group presented on the effect one's favorite music artist can have on the morals of that individual. When I first heard the topic of their presentation, I was satisfied to see that it was an ORIGINAL topic. I was tired of hearing about the "effect hip hop has on school performance" and other topics along those lines. My opinion on those presentations will be in another blog. Anyway, since I was shocked to see such an original topic, I was immediately drawn into the presentation. The method in which the presenters attempted to draw in the crowd was quite innovative as well. The power point presentation was themed like a twitter trending topic. Since twitter is very popular on Howard's campus, that was a good way to relate to the members of their audience. Furthermore, the method in which the group collected their data was very effective as well. They took quotes from the artists and highlighted the main aspects of life they felt their music reflected and then they interviewed numerous people and asked them what they valued most in life and who their favorite hip hop music artist was. Shockingly, the group's results showed that the individual's favorite hip hop artist correlated to their values in life. I found this very interesting and it made me reflect on my favorite hip hop artist and how that person relates to my values in life. I give this group presentation two thumbs up but there could also be some improvements. Not everyone listens to hip hop so not everyone can relate to this presentation. Instead of only focusing on hip hop artists the group could have been a little less specific in order to reach out to everyone in the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment