I enjoyed one groups presentation about the effects of music on kids and teens. Music is my passion so I made sure to pay close attention. i agreed with allt he research and what they had to say. Music has a large impact on the mentat state of people, especially an immature mind. Plenty of research has been done to support this.
Centuries ago, certain styles of music were thought to have a different affect on people. Of course, like today, some music was played mroe often than others. Young boys weren't allowed to listen to slow, sad music because the society thought it wasn't masculine enought. The boys were to carry on their family's name so they needed the most aggressive, most harsh music they could find. No one wanted a weak-ling to carry on their families name. It was said that some Greek kings would have musicians play soft musice to ease the minds of their soldiers before a battle.
They had a chart that showed the SAT scored of people who listen to certain music. The people who listend to Beethoven scored the highest. I felt proud because I'm one of thos people. I lkke some music of my generation, but I think the rest of it is garbage. Nowadays, everbody can be a singer and rapper whether they can sing or not. Electronics have taken the place of actual instruments and the quality of someone's voice. Everything sounds the same and there is no variet. I'll stick to Beethoven, Chopin, Robert W. Smith, and many other great composers.
I feel more stimulated when I hear the actual music. Sometimes I just get the instrumentals of music to bob my head to because I could care less about the words. The music of my generation has really fallen off. Every other song i hear has a ripped verse or music from old songs. Where is the originality?!!!!
Overall, the group did a a wonderful job. I enjoyed their presentation and it was nice to know that their discussion was on one of my favorite topics.
No comments:
Post a Comment