Monday, September 13, 2010

Dr. Dunston's Speech

Dr. Dunston's speech was both liberating and confusing. I understand knowledge/thinking and I understand genomes, but I don't understand how they completely or somewhat tie into each other. Maybe it's just me. The genome is the "most sophisticated knowledge system known to man", and every cell has the same genomic makeup. This part is where the knowledge aspect of the lecture comes from but what exactly does it have to do with Abandonment, Dismemberment, and Reawakening? To me, it was a biology lesson that somehow sunk it's way into the lecture. Her speech was very powerful and she was passionate about what she had to say. I'm not sure what was going on with my thought process that day but I just couldn't comprehend what was going on.
I think maybe if I was more focused on what Dr. Dunston had to say, I probably would have understood the lesson. My focus was somewhere else which really didn't help because was already confused. What she had to say was very deep and made me think (even though I was confused). If i could hear her speech again I probably will game more knowledge about the subject, but as of right now I'll stay a confused person for quite a long time. The topic was verying interesting and maybe if I do a little research I'll have and epiphany and completely grasp the concept about how knowledge/thinking and genomes has to do with Abondonment, Dismemberment, Reawakening, and Learning for the Purposed of Wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment